Hosted by landscape photographer Matt Payne, the podcast series “F-Stop Collaborate and Listen” presents informal conversations with nature photographers. They discuss the photographer’s motivations, explore his or her personal journey and perspectives on important issues facing landscape photographers today.
Listen to last month’s podcasts below.
March 7th – Episode 46 – Barry Sweet from the National Park Service
- Why he has given his life for the protection of public lands.
- How the NPS tries to fulfill the two-pronged mission of preserving these special places while also helping people to engage and enjoy these places.
- The different roles of NPS, BLM, and the National Forest and how each of these different departments relate and how photographers might relate differently with each of these areas.
- What the Wilderness Office actually does.
- What philosophy and ideals he and his team try to instill in visitors to wilderness.
- How photographers are typically viewed by the Park Service.
- How we can use our photography to promote the preservation of wild lands.
March 14th – Episode 47 – Aaron Meyers from SmugMug
- How to think like your customers
- How to price your photography
- How to cultivate your buyers
- Over on Patreon this week we went on a deep dive relating to social media strategy for landscape photographers, including ad buys and more. We also discussed the new Vero app.
March 21st– Episode 48 – Miles Morgan
- How Miles got into Landscape Photography
- The art of storytelling and its importance in landscape photography
- Balancing f/t work, family, and photography
- How to choose a workshop that matches your needs
- Digital manipulation
- “Active Viewing”
- Big Naked Wall
- Over on Patreon this week Miles told a story about how he was blackmailed by another photographer.
March 28th – Episode 49 – Adam Gibbs
- How Adam got into Landscape Photography.
- How Landscape Photography has changed over the years.
- Instagram and popularity.
- Adam’s workshops.
- Adam’s use of YouTube as a platform.
- Digital manipulation and the impact on the craft.
- Over on Patreon this week Adam talked about paragliding, rock climbing, and adventure.
The post “F-Stop Collaborate and Listen” Podcasts, March 2018 appeared first on Outdoor Photographer.